A Comprehensive Guide To Septic Pumping Service San Diego
Septic Pumping Service San Diego.
The installation of the septic tank has become a common practice. For example, about one-third of homes in America have a septic tank installed in the backyard outside of the house. Simple in design and very effective at treating all types of waste that come out of a home, a septic tank is essentially an environment-friendly option.
Design and working principle
The septic tank mainly works to remove the more massive particles from the wastewater that comes out of a home. It might be a single or dual chamber. All the drains coming out of the house converge to form a single pipe leading to the septic tank. The septic tank receives the wastewater coming out of all outlets like toilets, washrooms, kitchens, sinks washing machines, etc. and facilitates its separation with:
- The sludge which is the most massive particulate portion sinking to the bottom,
- The scum which consists of particles of fats, oils, proteins, etc., floating on the top and
- The effluent or greywater is the relatively transparent layer of liquid present in the middle.
All these layers combined are known as the septage. Septic tanks are designed to able to release the greywater into a drain or leach fields with the help of small pipes. The drain field lies under the ground, but much above the underground water, to ensure the underground water does not get polluted. The effluent is somewhat affluent in organic matter, and with the soil providing an appropriate filter, the water from it percolates down. In contrast, the organic matter remains behind to act as a fertilizer.
Need for septic tank pumping
Due to the efflux of the effluent layer, what is left behind is solid, and semi sold material. This tends to settle down and get deposited on the tank floor, gradually filling up the tank. Hence they need constant monitoring by the homeowner to avoid any problems that might crop up. These problems, if allowed to arise, can cost a person a lot of money to get it fixed. Hence they are best avoided by getting regular cleaning from a professional septic tank pumping. DiamondSeptic.com
Frequency of septic tank pumping
The build-up of scum and sludge inside the septic tank happens even though various actions keep simultaneously happening inside the septic tank like:
- The microbial ecosystem attacks the septage,
- The septic system functions quite well and
- The presence of a right drain field.
Hence it is generally recommended that professionals check the whole system of septic tanks:
- At least once a year or when the sunken sludge attains a height of about 12 inches.
An average septic tank, however, requires a good pumping approximately every three years to keep it functioning fine for many years more. The frequency of pumping a septic tank depends on:
- The number of people present in the family,
- The waste product produced volume,
- The total amount of the solid wastes which enter the system,
- Septic drain field condition,
- The size of the septic tank and
- The type of usage it undergoes.
Septic tank pumping tips
There are specific procedures that need to be maintained and followed to have a successful septic tank pumping session. These procedures include:
Getting a reasonable price for the same from contractors well-versed in this,
Always be prepared to face the worst and act accordingly,
Employ proper water management techniques in your family and
Keep records for minute details like the tank size, the tankage, and the capacity of the tank in use.
Septic tank cleaning means effectively refers to the process of the removal of the septage from the container with the help of a pump truck. After the extraction of this waste, it is disposed of in either of the following ways:
- Taking it to the municipal wastewater treatment plant,
- Taking it to a private beneficial use facility etc.
Common mistakes made during the process
Some prevalent septic tank pumping mistakes made are:
- Infrequent cleaning of the septic tank,
- Increased frequency of septic tank cleaning and
- Doing it to clear a failed or clogged drain field.
Maintenance of septic tank
The maintenance of the septic tank enables a homeowner to:
- Keep the pumping cost levels down and
- Does away with instances of broken tank.
Some ways in which to take proper care of the septic tank are:
- The location of the house and the septic tank should be appropriately drawn,
- Never parking cars on top of it to prevent any additional pressure,
- Natural grass complements the drain field like no other plant can and
Things flushed out of the drains need to be checked for plastics, diapers, and prepare napkins.
Of course, it is always best to go in for professional help for this project. They do the job effortlessly and efficiently, thereby ensuring the proper pimping out of the waste products.